Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Automatic Writing - Google Asked Me : What Was Your Experience with Envelopes?


As a child of about eight, I was able to smuggle a few international stamps from my mother's office table. Those were neatly cut stamps, from which country, I forgot.

I knew what stamps are for. I knew where they came from and where they are supposed to go. And so, as a kid, I wrote my first letter filled with  wishes and candies and rainbow poops and many more.

He would like it, I thought, as the stamps are quite rare - or so I imagined. He would read it, I hoped, as I plan to stealthily place it inside his stroller bag, or perhaps, inside his lunchbox. He would NOT know that it was  from me. In that letter, I intend to tell him that I love the way he smells - like grass, like moist ground after a fresh, calming rain... I'd tell him I like the way he speaks. It is as if he knows what to say.

And so I continued scribbling, over and over, though I am sure more than half of it wouldn't make any sense. Grabbing the nearest unused envelope I could find, I tucked in the letter, feeling hopeful. Beaming happily. I licked the entire length of the flap -- mm, it tastes good --  licked, until my tongue went dry, licked, until perhaps paper cuts started to incise me. Yet I felt lucky. I am overjoyed.

It felt overwhelming, knowing, that you would have your first love letter sent. It is beyond explainable...

I ran out of spit. Only globs of blood came out of my mouth. I tried to lick for the last time, yet a sharp pain seemingly sliced me, in half, in fourths, in eighths.

The stamp went on last. I know it used to be green, and yellow, and perhaps a tad of blue was there... but all I could see now is red. Though red has a lot of degrees. Hot red. Dark red. Brownish-red. Copper... Red Orange... It was beautiful. And at this very time, I dare say, it is still very beautiful.

The stamp won't stick. The envelope won't dry. The letter got stained, and I have nothing left but hopes, and warm happy heart filled with pouring thoughts. The bleeding won't stop so I had to gobble it. It tasted weird, yet it felt really, really warm as it slid down my throat.

This is what puppy love tastes like.


It is... vivifying!

No comments:

Post a Comment