Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Commuting Joyce - 1

It's been more than a month since I was assigned in the mid-shift schedule. I really don't feel the change though, as even before, I really do extend hours at work. And yes, it is a bad habit- but I just want to finish everything~

Before I veer away, the mid-shift schedule has given me better waking moments - it's not morning! I absolutely abhor the 7 AM to 11 AM rush hour.

My bus and train moments have been more interesting as of late. So before I forget any of these, let me share it with you.

Let's start with the most recent encounter - that would be a couple of hours ago.

~

******* is a dead zone. I can't ride a bus going to *****, and any other generic bus is hard to find specially if it is past 1 AM. It is as if they just disappear, or bus drivers just don't want to bother to accommodate two or three passengers who usually wait there.

So, I rode to ******, hoping I could pick up another bus from there. It has been thirty minutes and none arrived. Yes, there were plenty, but it's not the one I needed. Then, I heard someone say they are just going to take a cab and share - it's not new to me. I casually invite other commuters to share a cab with me just to divide the costs if circumstances are dire.

Then and there, the dude asked me if I am from ***, my former University. Surprised, I said, yes, I am. He said I looked familiar - and surprisingly, he did to. So I asked him what section he belonged to. He said he was from a scattered group but -- then all of a sudden, the bus I needed arrived.

There was a great rush of boarding people, young, old, male, female, half-and-half... and the conversation stopped there.

Around thirty more minutes, my stop came and I had to board down. It was his stop as well, and co-incidentally, we rode the same jeep. Funny thing happened.

"Miss, di ba ikaw yung nagbabanda dati? Yung nag-Evanescence sa Psych GA?"
(Miss, did you play in a band before? The one who sang Evanescence songs during the Psych meet?)

I admitted to it. It's quite funny that I got remembered that way. Looking back, perhaps, I did make an impression.

"Di mo ako pinapakopya dati sa Humanities eh."
(You don't let me copy your test answers in Humanities.)

I can't remember his name. I don't do names. Not with strangers, or people I vaguely remember.

We share a few small talks, until I reached my last stop. He asked for my name, just so he could further remember - but I said I really don't do names. He gave his anyway - sadly, I really, really, do not recall.

Well, back then, I looked like... this:



*shrugs*

I had a good time, I guess.



No comments:

Post a Comment